In 2006 off the coast of Rio de Janeiro, the Campos, Santos and Espirito Santo were discovered which could prove to be the biggest oil discovery of our time. As of today, despite the downturn, these basins still remain one of the hottest development regions in the industry. As the development and technology advances, new challenges will arise such as:
- In the pre-salt layers, salt usually absorbs seismic energy and yields difficult interpretation data for geologists.
- The reservoirs heterogeneity will always be a challenge to acquire rock and fluid properties to better estimate the reservoir potential.
- Developing a carbonate reservoir at depths of 2000m can be a challenge to understand its long-term behavior.
- Pre-salt wells can get costly- as much as $300M to drill, about four times more than those in shallow water.
- The reservoir includes vast quantities of unwanted gases, including hydrogen disulphide, and carbon dioxide.
The challenges mentioned are not the only ones that will be encountered off the coast of Brazil. COLOSSUS GROUP understands the problem and offers several solutions to help our clients respond to any challenge. Check the following sections to get an insight of what we offer:
- Exploration & Appraisal study
- Resources & Reserves evaluation
- Artificial Lift modeling and optimization
- Integrated Asset Management
Image Source: Petrobras