Global demand has increased the development of unconventional resources such as shale oil. The best way to effectively produce shale oil is by understanding unconventional reservoirs and with shale not been sufficiently porous or permeable to allow oil to flow out -the combination of horizontal drilling and hydraulic fracturing made it accessible for large volumes of oil to become viable. As demand increases, challenges will be encountered such as:
The challenges mentioned are not the only ones that will be encountered in the unconventional shale-oil system. Co
- Designing hydraulic fracturing treatments for specific shale.
- Optimizing production in low permeability horizontal shale wells.
- Predicting performance of the reservoir.
- Identifying potential water producing zones
COLOSSUS GROUP understands the problem and offers several solutions to help our clients respond to any challenge.
Check the following sections to get an insight of what we offer:
- Exploration & Appraisal study
- Resources & Reserves evaluation
- Artificial Lift modeling and optimization
- Flow Assurance
- Fluid Modeling
- Field Optimization