Unconventional gas resources, including tight sands, constitute some of the largest components of remaining natural gas resources in the world. Developing unconventional and tight gas reservoirs will allow to better meet rising energy needs. As the development of existing fields continues into deeper formations and the exploration of new reservoirs/plays is mainly toward unconventional, new challenges are now being faced such as:
- Gas rate declines rapidly reaching uneconomical levels very quickly.
- Condensate and/or water can be produced along the gas- encountering liquid loading problems.
- Due to heterogeneity, obtaining quality reservoir data can become an issue.
- Locating the best depth of a well to obtain the highest amount of production.
The challenges mentioned are not the only ones that will be encountered in the unconventional tight gas system. COLOSSUS GROUP understands the problem and offers several solutions to help our clients respond to any challenge. Check the following sections to get an insight of what we offer:
- Exploration & Appraisal study
- Resources & Reserves evaluation
- Artificial Lift modeling and optimization
- Flow Assurance
- Field Optimization
- Fluid Modeling
Image Source: Fluenta