The COLOSSUS GROUP Internship Program is a pre-professional learning experience that offers practical work experience in the Oil and Gas Industry while undertaking core projects for the Company that generate value to COLOSSUS GROUP. In addition, you will have the opportunity to explore different areas of interest and build your network within the industry. During the internship you will have the opportunity to become familiar with Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) requirements, participate in technically focused on-job training, participate in team meetings, work on a technical project and present the results to technology leaders. You will be expected to complete all assigned tasks in the agreed timelines. During the program you will be supported by your manager and a buddy who will be assigned to you and who will guide you to ensure that you have a really valuable learning experience.
Your internship could be associated with log processing and interpretation, reservoir evaluation, reservoir economics or real time reservoir navigation. The internship is office based, however, may include working remotely. The main vehicle for your work will be a technical project that will help you develop knowledge to support your future career and will enable you to demonstrate your capability to technology leaders. You will participate in 3 assessments: at the end of your first week, at your mid-way point and at the end of the program. If you demonstrate that you have performed well, at the end of the program you could be presented with an offer to join the company when you graduate.
If you are successful in the selection process the specific details of your internship assignment would be included in your offer. Key responsibilities/accountabilities:
• Always work according to location and task specific HSE standards
• Participate in training sessions and meet the required assessment standards
• Fully complete self-study assignments
• Work on an assigned project and deliver outcomes that add value to the Oilfield Services Function.
• Learn to use software associated with assigned tasks
• Take the initiative to be knowledgeable about the activities of the team in which you work
• Enrolled in a 4-year degree program in an Engineering, Applied Science from an accredited university
• Maintain a GPA greater than or equal to 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent
• Currently in your Sophomore or Junior year of your degree program
• Fluent in English (oral and written) • Basic understanding of engineering and/or Applied Science
• Legal right to work without restrictions and/or company sponsorship in the country of your application
Preferred qualification/requirements: Demonstrates effective written and oral communication, integrity, critical thinking/analytical skills, agility/flexibility, a continuous learning mindset, a high “say-do” ratio (execute on your commitments), teamwork and collaboration, drive for results, and initiative in addition to the following:
• Evidence of paid or unpaid work
• Involvement in student societies or volunteer work